In today's Zen Cart tutorial I discuss how to customize the emails sent directly from Zen Cart so that they reflect your store details. This will ensure that the email contains your store logo, copyright notice and any changes to the disclaimer in the footer section of the email you may wish to make.
- Replace the Zen Cart logo by modifying the file: /admin/images/logo.gif as outlined in my previous Zen Cart tutorial - How to Replace the Zen Cart Logo in Admin.
- Download the file:
- Open this file in a text editor such as notepad. Do not use a word processing program such as Microsoft Word or unexpected results may result. Make the following changes to the file:
- To make changes to the email footer find line 40
define('EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT','Copyright (c) ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>. Powered by <a href="http://www.zen-cart.com" target="_blank">Zen Cart</a>');
- Change the Zen Cart URL address to that of your store (denoted in red)
- Change the words "Zen Cart" to the name of your store eg Sally's Bookshop (denoted in green)
- To remove "powered by Zen Cart" delete the text (denoted in magenta) taking care to leave the single quote mark at the end of the line intact.
- If you wish to change the wording of email disclaimer you can do so by editing the text between the single quote marks on line 38
- If you wish to change the email spam disclaimer change the text in line 39 between the single quote marks.
- Save your changes to the file email_extras.php and upload to your server.
Zen Cart Tutorials List
How to Replace the Zen Cart Logo in Zen Cart Admin