In this Zen Cart tutorial you will learn how to change orders status so that it more closely reflects the process of handling a customer order.
By default Zen Cart (1.3 versions) come with 4 different orders status types or options:
- Pending (default)
To my mind "delivered" is an inexact term. Most of us are shipping our goods to customers and we don't know whether they have been delivered till later down the track. Therefore, for clarity, it is a good idea to change "delivered" to read "shipped".
How To Change Orders Status in Zen Cart
- Login to your Zen Cart Admin
- Go to Localization > Orders Status
- Click on the information icon to the right side of delivered
- Choose the Edit button
- Delete "Delivered" and type in "Shipped" in the text box
- Click on the Update button to save your changes
- Go to Customers > Orders
- Choose a customer by clicking on the edit icon next to the customer's order
- Scroll down to the bottom left of the page. You will now see that "Shipped" has become an option type that can be selected from the drop down menu
This simple Zen Cart tip will mean that your customers are clearer about what stage their order is at and you will receive less enquiries about when an order is likely to be received.